FOSDEM 2012 : Legal Issues DevRoom
Please join us for the very first DevRoom devoted to advanced Legal Issues in the Free and Open Source Software world at Europe's premier FLOSS event: FOSDEM 2012.
Please note: Check out the slides and blog links on the Speakers page.
- Why the the Legal Issues DevRoom?
- This is the first time that influential legal minds will meet at FOSDEM to discuss the core issues which enable FLOSS
- This will be an advanced session: beyond an intro to software copyright
- Why FOSDEM?
- What should I do next?
- Block your calendar NOW (If you can, try to arrive at least on Friday the 3rd and stay until Monday the 6th)
- Join our mailing list LegalIssuesfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Read the Call For Participation
- Submit a 30 minute talk proposal(s) by the 30th of December.
- Plan travel and accommodations (many people like to stay around the Grand Place)
- Join the conversation on IRC: /join #faif on freenode
- 29 November 2011 CFP opens
- 30 December 2011 CFP deadline
- 6 January 2012 speakers selected
- 21 January 2012 full FOSDEM schedule finalized
- 3 February meet in Brussels for the Beer Event (and maybe a speaker's dinner TBD)
- 4 February FOSDEM day 1 and the Legal Issues DevRoom (only Saturday)
- 5 February FOSDEM day 2
- 6 February return home